I found this project today at the Family Fun website. My son had a blast making it and he can’t wait to wear it to the 4th of July parade and festivities this weekend!
- Plain T-shirt
- Glittery fabric paint
- Paper plate
- Pipe cleaners
- Start by placing a few sheets of newspaper inside a plain T-shirt.
- Pour one or more colors of glittery fabric paint onto a paper plate.
- Create a stamp (for each color paint) to print fireworks: arrange four pipe cleaners in a bunch, pinch the center, then bend all eight ends over your thumb and twist them together a few times, forming a loop. Spread apart the ends and bend up the tips. Makes a flower like pattern.
- To use the stamp, dip it into the paint so that it’s evenly coated and press it firmly onto the fabric.
- Once you’ve finished your design, allow the paint to dry thoroughly, and refer to the paint manufacturer’s directions before laundering the shirt.